ABOUT THE CENTER FOR WOMENS HEALTHCARE
AT MILAM HOUSE
4100 Milam was built in 1927 as a family residence. It has had a varied and colorful life to date. The latest incarnation as of 2007 is the new location of "The Center for Womens Healthcare".
Milam House History
The property was deeded to the Widow Gonzales in 1924. Owned by St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in the 1980's, it became a hospice for AIDS patients in the 1990's. The house underwent extensive renovations in 1995 to make the old home ADA compliant. After providing hospice care, Milam House came to house a not-for-profit AIDS coalition for community support, through 2006. In 2007 Dr. James Wheeler, a reproductive endocrinologist and attorney, remodeled Milam House to become a two story office building, with his offices on the first floor.